How to Setup Proxies on Xbox One
Now that you have made a choice on the proxies you want to use, do you know how to configure them for use? If you answer yes to this question, then this section has not been written for you. Head over to the next section. However, if you do not know how to integrate proxies, then you should follow the steps highlighted below.
- The first thing to do is purchase the proxies you will want to use. You will be given the proxy IP and port as well as the username and password if the username and password authentication method is supported. Else, all you need to do is whitelist your IP address.
- Launch the Xbox One console and go to “Settings,” then select “Network.”
- Choose the “Advanced Setting Option” and then select “Manual.”
- You will be provided input boxes to enter the proxy details provided to you by your proxy provider. Enter the required details.
- When you are done filling in the required details, you should press the “Button” to save the proxy details you just added.
- For the setting to take effect, you will need to restart your Xbox One console.
- 更多信息 The Best PS5 Proxies
Why Are Residential Proxies not good for Gaming on Xbox One?
For most tasks you will need proxies for, you will have heard that residential proxies are the best and the reason always used is that your traffic is being routed via devices of actual Internet users, and as such, the traffic can’t be differentiated from regular traffic. While this is an advantage, you have to give up on speed which is a major requirement when playing games online.
Aside from speed, most residential proxies come with limited bandwidth usage, which would add to your cost of playing games. Lastly, they are generally expensive when compared to datacenter proxies, and as such, no justification for using them when datacenter proxies would work.
Does Xbox One Allow You to Make Use of Proxies?
Xbox as a console does not restrict you from using proxies. It is nothing but a specialized computer for gaming and offers you the ability to protect the privacy of your IP address by configuring proxies. So, in essence, the Xbox does allow users to use proxies.
The problem is from the games, other products, and the ISP you are using and. While the Xbox One console offers you the ability to use proxies, other services that you will interact with might not support proxies. Just like as you can’t play Xbox games from 中国 without using proxies.
What are the Best Proxies for Xbox Gaming?
Datacenter proxies are the best proxies for gaming on Xbox. You will need a provider with high speed that has data centers in strategic locations. The IPs also need to be static as frequent change of IP address is suspicious to web services.